Selective laser sintering material: iglidur® I8-ESD
The laser sintering material iglidur I8-ESD has high abrasion resistance and is electrostatically dissipative (ESD). ESD properties are essential, particularly in the electronics industry, for avoiding damage to electronic components.
Also interesting for all other industries where it is important to avoid electrostatic charges
When to use it?
- Contact resistance from 106 up to 109 Ohms * cm
- Extraordinary service life - e.g. Pivotable: abrasion resistance factor 2 according to PA12
- Gear service life calculator for gears made of iglidur I8-ESD
- Rigidity 60% higher than with iglidur® I3
- Suitable for all standard laser sintering systems
- Suitable for standard laser sintering systems with CO2 laser
- Suitable for low-cost laser sintering systems
When not to use it?
- When ESD properties are required
- For applications under water or with high humidity
- When components with high rigidity are required
- When components with a high UV resistance are required
- When black components are needed
- When I want to produce wear-resistant SLS components on a low-cost SLS system (no CO2 laser required)